OWNER’S REPRESENTATIVE SERVICES
Regardless of the delivery method is chosen, as your Owner’s Representative, JB Vang will be your Champion throughout the design and construction phases of your building project. JB Vang will manage all details of your project including working with architects on design issue, governmental agencies on approvals and with contractors to maintain budget and project schedule.
The following are the major services JB Vang will provide during the design and construction phases:
During the design phase of the project, critical baseline decisions relating to budget, form and function are made. Although the objectives of a project may be clearly established at the outset (i.e. occupancy rate, budget, level of finishes, etc…), the means for achieving these results are often vague. We will work with the Owner and Architect to ensure that the design, schedule and costs are within the Owner’s expectations.
During the construction phase, JB Vang will serve as the Owner’s eyes and ears for the duration of the construction. We will manage the design changes, budget, schedules, and the construction process. We will manage the Architect and the General Contractor along with their sub-contractors to ensure that the building is being constructed per the drawings.
With the Owner’s input, we will monitor daily construction progress and procedures established by the Contractors and make recommendations as required maintaining or improving construction progress.
- Act as buffer between contractor and owner.
- Approve pay applications from contractors.
- Work with local and state agencies to expedite paperwork and compliance issues.
- Document and verify all change orders. Change orders will impact shop drawing preparation, schedule, project funding, cash flow and delay claims.
Post-Construction / Project Close Out
- Manage the Punch List
- Ensure owner has occupancy permits
- Review installed equipment and make sure that all operations and maintenance manuals are transmitted to owner
- Train owner’s staff on building systems
- Conduct the 11 month warranty inspection